NBTA Europe, with strong support from Paul Tilstone and the fine ITM staff, put on an excellent conference in Lisbon last week. About 220 delegates attended from all over Europe, plus a few of us from North America. Topics included:
- Traveler security – lessons learned from the ash cloud
- Alternative strategies for procuring travel
- How to use travel data more strategically
- End-to-end technology (procure to pay) pros and cons
- Impact on buyers from further airline consolidation
- Social media in corporate travel programs
- Merchant fees – the next unbundling?
- And several other topics very relevant to corporate buyers
The networking and knowledge sharing was first-rate. I’ll write more detailed posts about several of the topics that were covered. My only complaint was that I could not attend every educational session. Kudos to NBTA Europe for launching an excellent event. I look forward to seeing more of this high-quality programming in the years to come.
Pingback: Stairsteps to Data Heaven | Gillespie's Guide to Travel+Procurement