The hottest topics on this blog last year dealt with data metrics, innovation, distribution and hotel sourcing. In case you missed these most-read articles:
- Travel Benchmarking Done Well – Describes the best travel benchmarking tool I’ve seen. From the fine folks at Travel GPA. (661 views)
- Savings Metrics, Rat Farms and KPIs Gone Bad – Makes you think a bit more carefully about how you define your key metrics, especially the Big One – savings. (421 views)
- ROI On Travel And Meetings – Why Bother? A rebuttal to those clamoring for proof positive of travel’s value. (542 views)
- “CouldYou” a Clever Innovation From a TMC – The most innovative tool I saw last year from a TMC. Built by Short’s Travel. (594 views) Great counter-point to the post below:
- Four Barriers to Travel Innovation – Why TMCs and GDSs have an arguably appalling track record at delivering new sources of value. (561 views)
- Google – The Ultimate Direct Connect Platform? Why the Google-ITA deal should make GDSs very, very worried. (429 views)
- Best Practice: Hotel Sourcing Strategy Study – Build better bid lists with powerful new insights gained from hotel cluster analysis. (452 views)
Look for more posts on these types of topics this year, with a bent toward innovation, the direct-connect issue, better travel policies and streamlining the travel sourcing process. So what else would you like to see covered here?
Like this article? Subscribe here to all new posts from this blog, delivered by e-mail for free. You can unsubscribe at any time.