The first-ever one-day workshop devoted to sourcing airlines was a big success (see results here), so we’re doing it again. Matthew Patterson and I will lead the session on April 14th in Atlanta. (Sold already? Register here.) The agenda is tailor-made to those folks wanting a deep understanding of these key topics:
- How airlines price corporate accounts – what really matters
- Understanding your true leverage – quantifying Buyer Power
- What’s better than benchmarking – and why?
- Bid analysis – or a best guess?
- Future fare mix – why your discounts will vary, and maybe by a lot
- The solution to discounts tied to unpredictable inventory
- Alliance bids – good, bad or just ugly?
- Scenario modeling 101
- Spotting – and avoiding – unachievable goals
- What to do about ancillary fees
- Standard practice for quantifying savings, and what it misses
- Analyzing your options with risk/reward lenses
- Choosing between Classic and Turbo Sourcing
- Presenting to CEOs/CPOs/CFOs – the one chart you need
- Flash Cards for Airline Negotiations – situation-specific responses
OK, so this list (partial, at that) should tell you that this workshop is not for casual onlookers. We’re aiming this workshop at folks who want to dig deep into airline sourcing – theory, leading practices and pitfalls. Don’t come if you’re just looking for a networking event – we want an actively engaged audience.
You’ll get your fill of powerpoint slides, for sure, but you’ll also go through two great working group sessions – and neither one has any of those cheesy fake negotiation exercises. Instead, you’ll work through “Deciding How to Decide” and “Who Says We Need a Travel Policy?” – two case studies we’ll use to get the conversation going about what really matters when sourcing this category.
The workshop is sponsored by GBTA, the Atlanta BTA chapter, and Carlson Wagonlit. It will open with an industry outlook by Dan McKenzie, the notable airline industry analyst from Hudson Securities. Then we’re into the weeds of airline sourcing for the rest of the day. The event is at the Hyatt Regency on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, so you know it’s a great venue.
Hope to see you there!