Any travel buyer interested in learning the most powerful and innovative methods for sourcing airlines should attend one of my workshops:
I’ll cover the basics, but then quickly head into deeper water – where buyers will learn how to maximize their leverage, regardless of their air spend. Key topics include:
- Scenario modeling
- Risk-reward mapping
- Why discount benchmarking is useless, and what’s better
- Discovering the gap between the offered and maximum rational discount
- Finding the 20% of your markets that will drive 80% of your savings
- Optimizing between trip cost and trip friction
- Predicting the impact of the AA-US merger on your 2014 air budget
- Procurement’s best and worst roles
These workshops are open to anyone, including airline sales managers. Register via the GBTA website.
Everyone benefits from having a sophisticated, fact-based discussion about optimizing airline discounts. I look forward to seeing many of you there.