No doubt you’re searching for credible signs of the travel industry’s recovery. Well, you’ll want to bookmark this site, BCG’s TRIP, with a bunch of gold stars.
Use this no-cost site to gain clickable global, regional and country-level insights about:
- Consumer sentiment and intent to travel
- Recent trends in travel searches and ticketing
- Forward travel build-ups based on searches and tickets
- Covid case and death rate trends by country/region
- Country-to-country travel dependencies and current search/travel indicators
- Government restrictions and economic indicators
* The Travel Recovery Insights Portal (yes, TRIP) is designed and produced by BCG in collaboration with ARC and 3Victors. TRIP will be updated weekly with fresh data. For those not familiar with these firms, ARC is the airlines’ clearinghouse for tickets sold by U.S. travel agencies; BCG is a leading global management consulting firm, and 3Victors is a big data company specializing in GDS searches and airfares.
This site is a classic example of key industry players working together for the common good. This complimentary site will be available indefinitely – likely until the shape and pace of the travel industry’s recovery becomes much more clear.
Δ Innovation kudos for:
- Displaying GDS search data – talk about a leading indicator!
- Including nights away as a metric – very helpful for the hospitality crowd
- Country-level travel partners – quick way to gauge international travel recovery prospects
If you like TRIP ‘s information, but want more detailed data or passenger demand estimates for major markets, please contact