It’s easy to be a Concur critic these days. But “these days” ain’t the same as “in the future”.
I attended Concur’s annual customer event, Fusion, this week. Let’s start with the negatives:
- Concur clearly knows their user base has been frustrated by poor SaaS lately. It’s a major sore point with customers, and a central issue for management. Will management make good on these promises? TBD.
- Concur is playing catch-up with KDS on making expense reports easier to write, and making the booking process easier to use. No signs this year of any breathtaking innovation.
- Understandable concerns about how the acquisition by SAP will affect Concur.
- TripLink, Concur’s key to closing the gap on unmanaged spend, is stuck in low gear. Lots of sales, very few proof points of it adding value – yet.
- Palpable angst from TMC execs about the future of their business models in the face of TripLink’s potential to enable off-channel bookings.
So if you’re not a fan of Concur, stop here, because the rest of the story is much brighter. Continue reading